Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And now for something completely different

Monty Python really said it best.  During transitions in the show, John Cleese would pop up every once in a while and say, "And now for something completely different."  I feel like that is where my life is right now.  I am in transition.

I also feel like I need to pause in this post to introduce myself.  My name is Vicky Hathaway, and I am... me?  This is a difficult introduction because, well, I don't know how to identify myself any more.  I used to be a student, but I currently wrapping up 19 years of schooling with a Master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.  Today is my last official class day.  I don't have a permanent full time job yet and am in the ever exciting world of job hunting (though that sounds like a strange term.  I don't want to kill a job I find, but I want to grow and learn in it.  Maybe we should call it job gardening...)  So, I don't know how to identify myself.

Easy things to day about me are:

  • I am 24 years old
  • I am from Northwest Indiana
  • I am female
  • I have brown eyes and brown hair
  • I am Catholic and like helping out with church ministries
  • I want to be a counselor when I grow up
  • I am a daughter to two wonderful parents
  • I am the middle child
  • I am an aunt to two little boys
  • I am a granddaughter and a cousin to amazing family members

I don't know what has prompted me to start a blog.  I have been thinking about it for a while now and tried to start one when I was beginning my MA degree, but I didn't take it anywhere because I didn't think I had anything interesting to say.  What is different now, I believe, is that I am exploring my life through a whole new lens.  I am putting aside a part of myself that I have held on to for so long and that is scary.  I feel like a blog can help me process thoughts and feelings in a new way.  And it just might be fun.

Anyway, I think I may call this a processing experiment.  Test it out, see how it goes and if it helps me gain clear insight into who I really am.  

PS:  Sorry if this post is all over the place.  I had a few ideas of what I wanted to say and they just got jumbled up together.  I will try to be more clear in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment